Tips for Ads on AMP Pages
Placement & Controls:
Optimize your ad placements
- Create separate ad units on AMP pages for targeting, reporting, and control purposes.
- Place the same number of ads on AMP Pages as your non-AMP pages to generate maximum revenue per page.
- Place the first ad immediately below the first viewport ("below the fold") to provide an optimal user experience.
- Unless you’re using advanced CSS or media queries, ensure your ad units are centered on the page to provide your users with an optimal mobile web experience.
- Enable multi-size ad requests on your AMP inventory to increase ad auction pressure and drive revenue.
Demand & Pricing:
Get the right price for your ads
- Sell ad units on your AMP pages across all sales channels, including direct and indirect to maximize competition for your inventory on AMP pages.
- Price your ad inventory on AMP pages similar to your inventory on non-AMP pages. Monitor performance and adjust pricing accordingly.
- Ensure all ad demand channels are competing for ad inventory on your AMP pages to drive up competition.
Serve the best types of ads
- Avoid heavy creatives per IAB guidelines.
- Avoid interstitials or other ad formats that cause the content to reflow on ad load.
- Optimize for viewability by setting the parameter:
data-loading-strategy = prefer-viewability-over-views
- Place ads in your video content via supported players or
amp-iframe to enable revenue on all types of content.
- Implement native ads to compete with display ads using multi-sized ad requests, adding demand pressure while providing your readers with a premium user experience.
Offer the most engaging ad products
- Implement ads on ancillary AMP pages to generate incremental revenue:
- Implement new formats for direct sold ads to equip your sales team with high-impact, innovative ad products: