This page presents a quarterly overview of the planned features and enhancements to AMP. Projects are organized according to core focus areas.
This page will be updated twice per quarter:
- The mid-quarter update will provide the first listing of the current quarter’s new priorities and present status of projects. In addition, a forecast of priorities for the following two quarters will be provided.
- The end-of-quarter update will present the status of the just-ended quarter’s priorities and projects, as well as any updates to the two-quarter outlook. A detailed project listing for the quarter just being entered will be presented at the next mid-quarter update.
Enrich AMP's core, including its web components library, to grow support for content features
Make it easier to build well-styled AMP pages
Enhance support for data entry use cases (forms and search-boxes)
Broaden support toward a variety of content formats, including news articles, recipes, local listings, product listings, and more
Support for more engaging video experiences
Enhanced payment support
Simple configuration and theming in AMP Start
Enable analytics on AMP pages and provide interoperability with data analysis solutions
Deepen support for basic analytics such as new event triggers, variables, and flexibility in constructing hit requests
Provide support for e-commerce analytics
Provide support for video analytics
Expansion of amp-analytics capabilities for e-commerce use cases
Expose events from video players to amp-analytics
Expose batched interaction data (e.g. scroll events) to amp-analytics
Offline support (i.e. enable queuing until back online)
Enable ads on AMP pages, provide interoperability with ad technology providers, and drive ad ecosystem innovation with the AMP format
Improve the overall ad loading and user experience on AMP
Enable and grow A4A creative format demand across publishers and advertisers
Extend A4A usage beyond AMP pages
Enhance AMP-format landing pages for the ads use case
Enable A4A creative demand across the buyer and publisher ecosystem
Enable deeper integration of ads with AMP-format landing pages across buyside and sellside systems
Enable login-based access to AMP pages
Continue to improve paywall and subscription support in AMP
Make sign-in and payment for content a seamless and joyful experience in AMP
Enable better mobile payments with AMP
- Track regular releases of the AMP Project at our releases page on GitHub.
- For news, check out our blog https://amphtml.wordpress.com or Twitter @amphtml.
- To subscribe to announcements, please join firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To discuss AMP, including this roadmap, please join or contact email@example.com.