Getting started with AMP
Implement these key steps to get up and running with AMP:
Using AMP day-to-day
Keep your AMP momentum going with all the resources AMP has to offer.
Create your AMP pages
Using a CMS?
AMP supports integration with many third-party publishing platforms. Refer to the documentation for your publishing platform on how to create AMP pages.
Starting from scratch?
If you're creating AMP pages or creatives from scratch, visit these resources:
- Tutorial: Create your first AMP page
- Tutorial: Add advanced AMP features
- AMP HTML specification: includes boilerplate, required markup, allowed HTML
- AMPHTML Ads format: provides details on creating performant ads in AMP
- YouTube video: What's allowed in AMP and what isn't?
- Templates from AMP Start: Try out some ready-made AMP page templates
Converting existing content?
If you are converting your existing HTML pages to AMPHTML, visit these resources:
Validate and test AMP pages
Before publishing your content, make sure your AMP pages are valid. Here are some resources to use:
- Validate AMP pages: provides a list of validation tools and instructions for validating your pages
- YouTube video: How to validate & debug AMP pages
- Testing CORS in AMP
Make your content discoverable
Ensure users can discover your content on third-party platforms (e.g., Twitter, Google, Bing, etc.). Here are some helpful resources:
- Make your page discoverable: tips for linking AMP pages and using metadata
- Google Search guidelines for AMP pages
AMP day-to-day resources
These resources will help with your day-to-day AMP journey:
- Keep the list of AMP components handy. Each component reference page provides detailed information on how to integrate and use the component on your AMP pages.
- Want examples and demos? Visit AMP By Example, which provides hands-on samples and a playground for using AMP components.
- Need inspiration?
- Need support? See Getting Support resources.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest AMP news: